Monday, April 9, 2012

Twink VS. Nair. I lost.

This is a story of my dumb decision. I can't fault anyone for this. Maybe Lizeth because buying the bottle was her idea. Yeah. We'll blame this on Lizeth.

Saturday March 31st, I was at Walgreen's with Lizeth* and Christelle* and I was talking about this razor that I use and love. Lizeth says to me "You should try the Nair blah blah blah (I forgot the actual name of it). You keep it on for one minute and then wash it off and you're good. If you leave it on for any longer, it starts to burn." EYE am always looking to be even lazier, so I said "Sold!" and bought the bottle. It's got a pump and everything...fancy, huh. I got the bottle home and decided to try it out on my armpits on Sunday.

Sunday comes and before I get in the shower, I read the directions on the bottle. "Leave on for one minute before getting in the shower. When in the shower, leave on for another 2-3 minutes, not exceeding 10" (I'm paraphrasing here, but that's the jist of it). So, I put it on and waited the one minute...maybe 1.5 minutes. Maybe that's where I went wrong. Either way. I waited the one minute when I feel some sort of burning sensation. Apparently the skin on my armpit was broken. I'm telling you now. DO NOT USE NAIR ON BROKEN SKIN!!! Your body will feel like it's housing a 10 alarm fire. Yes, I know it only goes up to 5. That's how serious this armpit burning was. TEN ALARM. I don't think the armpit pain stopped until that Tuesday.

Clearly I have gone back to using a razor.

*I didn't change their names because...this is entirely their fault. Lizeth for suggesting and Christelle for co-signing. Heffas.

2 comments: