Monday, March 12, 2012

Blog 2 - The Mexican and the Car

I figured after the introduction, I'd start off the blog with a story that is near and dear to my heart: the day the Mexican man walked into my car. Lemme 'splain.

I live in the near area of Rutgers University, New Brunswick Campus. Some of my friends and I decided to go to the Hyatt Hotel for some liquid libations because they make some damn good mojitos. But I had soda, though. At the end of the night, we're all walking to the garage and we get in our cars to go home. I decided that I was hungry, so I took the long way home, up Route 27 because the McDonald's is on 27. Now, Route 27 in this area is called French Street and it's where there are a lot of Mexican stores and patrons. Let's paint this scene for you. Near the end of this downtown area, there is a small little area of greenage. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a park, though. Maybe just a small grassy knoll, if you will (I tried to get a picture of said knoll, but Google is not letting me be great). At any rate, its about 2:15am and the bars are closed, but people and the cops are still loitering around in the area, so you know to take it slow. The light ahead of me was green and I was going, because that's what you do at a green light. HOWEVER, I saw a man start to walk across the street as I got closer to the light (which was STILL green), so I stopped. HE TOO stopped. In the middle of the street on the yellow line, like most people do when they're crossing at a green light that they don't have and see a car coming. I proceeded to go. HE WALKED INTO MY CAR AND KNOCKED MY MIRROR OFF!!! And then rolled around in the street like I did major damage to his arteries!!! Man, I have never been so petrified in AWL of my life. Heart racing and thumping in my chest, nauseous feeling...alla that. Some kind Samaritan called the police for me because I was in no state to do so. And wouldn't you know...on top of this man walking into my car (we both lost here), I COULDN'T FIND MY INSURANCE AND REGISTRATION!!! I had every registration and insurance card BUT the current ones. Fail. And the cop gave me like 45 minutes to look for it because he really "didn't wanna write this ticket because this isn't your fault". No dice. I got a ticket for not being able to show insurance, which is nicer than what I could have gotten. And according to the police report, the man that walked into my car said his name was Jose Martinez. THAT IS LIKE THE LATINO VERSION OF JOHN DOE!!! And the officer could smell the likka permeating off of him. Do you know what it's like to drive around with no driver's side mirror? If you do, I understand your struggle. If you don't...maaaaaaan, listen. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. And that, good friends, is the story of the Mexican and the Car. Clearly we both lost this battle. And I never made it to McDonald's.


No comments:

Post a Comment